Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What I Wore Wednesday

hey lovely ladies!  welcome to another week of wiww...an exercise to keep myself accountable. to inspire me to get out of those comfy, warm jammies and sweats everyday and take a little extra time to actually get dressed and think about what i am putting on myself.  its the brainchild of the oh-so-cute and talented lindsey of the pleated poppy


Warm weather abounds!!!!

 {I am squinting. That's not an attempt at at 'come hither' look}
 Shirt/cardi/jeans/shoes/belt - Target (i heart Target)
necklaces- Bloomingdales (short) and Payless shoe store (long)

The snow melted! The snow melted! Hooray!!!!

cardi-F21 ::tanks/leggings/boots- Target :: scarf-Charlotte Russe ::glasses (Rx)-Prada

Rain, Rain, Go Away! (and cold, pounding, whipping rain, at that. Boo)
shirt-F21 :: cardi & boots-Target :: jeans- Kohls :: scarf- consignment boutique :: flower pin- Anthro :: earrings- Cookie Lee

Ok, I need to know...are leggings, when worn plain and not under a skirt or dress, acceptable? Or does it look like I am giving up? Because I feel very self-conscious, but comfy.  And frankly, it took me a long time to embrace the legging, since the last time I wholly embraced them, it was the 90's and I was in high school and early college and pegged pants were popular (annnd now I just aged myself).

And now I am going to get personal.  Over the past year (12 mos), I've gained approx. 10lbs.  As usual, when I gain weight, I gain around my middle and in my breasts.  When I had babies? Hello....DD. I was ridiculous. So I feel the need to point out that I have these girls that I recently bought new support systems for and was astounded to find I went up 2 cup sizes.  No wonder I feel like such a hoochie mama when I wear tank tops to the kids school! When exactly did I start to feel so modest? I don't know, but I don't exactly like showing off the girls. They can go away, for all I care.  Hopefully the 1/2 marathon training will force me to buy new foundations in a smaller size.  And ditch the spanx I just bought. Because man... those things seriously made me almost lose an arm!

5 comments:

My House of L said...

Cute! I wear leggings alot too so yes, I think they're acceptable. You look great in them!

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

I'm not a fan of leggings worn as pants--under a skirt or a dress I "get" even though I don't wear that look myself.

However you are thin and cute (honestly, I don't see the ten pounds even though I know you see it) and you can wear things that I totally can't get away with--leggings on you do NOT look like you're giving up. Leggings on me would look like death warmed over.

By the way, love the brown tank/jeans outfit. Super cute.

~ Sarah

beckley said...

Here's the thing: some people can pull off the leggings; some can't.

You can. In folds.

End of story.

=)

Nicole said...

I think the leggings look great! It really depends on what you pair them with. Just a tank? No. Layers? Yes. You look great though! And "the girls" problem...I guess it's a blessing and a curse at the same time. I wish I "filled" out my clothes more (I am super small chested) but I see your side of it totally. And I remember pegged jeans...we are probably close to the same age ;)

heather said...

Here's where I have tons of opinions about things I cannot pull off!

You can totally wear leggings as pants!!! (i cannot)

If you've got the boobies, I'd show them (i have the chest of a 12 year old girl)

There is no way you need spanx! (see above comment regarding leggings as pants!)

:-)