Wednesday, March 02, 2011

WIWW

Trying to crawl out of this depressing rut...a combination of my winter is never going to end hibernation and the state of the state. Sigh.  But don't worry...I won't get all political on anyone here.

Let's see here.....
Thursday


tank- Macy's :: shirt- Kohl's :: sweater - F21 :: Skinnies- F21 :: boots- Target :: necklace- Charlotte Russe

Friday
This outfit looked better in the mirror than in a photo. Eek. Won't be repeating this!!  I got this blouse last spring from the local consignment store. I fell in love w/ how romantic it looked, but was uneasy about wearing a Peter Pan collar and puffy sleeves. And I had to get it altered (it was a M).
Anyway, I volunteered at the library this day. And the library is always warm. So, short sleeves.
shirt- Kensie :: pants- Limited :: necklace :: Charlotte Russe

Sunday
A night at the Ocsars. Or rather, a night on the couch at a friend's house watching the Oscars.

jeans- Kohl's :: short sleeve top- Limited :: cardi- Target :: necklace- Payless Shoe Store :: Boots- Target

Monday
I took this before I went to get the kids from school. Unless I am going somewhere or coming from somewhere and running late, I walk to get them.  So comfort wins. I can't ruin my shoes in puddles or lose toes to frostbite.  Hence...the boots!
jeans (super old)- Target :: shirt & cardi & hat - Target :: necklace- Superhero Designs :: boots - Kamik, from a sporting store

Tuesday

 Baby, its cold outside!
Ok, not really, I was yelling for the dog to stay away from the tripod.
I decided to dress up for my gig as a chaperone to the art museum with the 3rd graders for their Junior Docent program. 

See my fun new earrings and ring?? I got them from Flapper Fashions.  Hubs, who rarely comments on my accessories, mentioned the earrings several times, and how he loved the color and the look.
I do love the ring, but I am not used to wearing "fun" rings. I will give it some time, but if I can't get used to it, I am going to turn it into a necklace. 
tunic- Kohl's :: ls shirt & leggings- Target :: earrings & ring- Flapper Fashions ::  boots- local dept. store :: belt- Express (from 2001! egad!) :: Camera strap- *Shey*[B]

Linking up with Lindsey this week!
(totally coveting her mustard ruffle scarf. think i need it)


the pleated poppy blog

10 comments:

Vera Matson said...

Despite the winter blahs, you look great! Love the museum day outfit!

Trish said...

I don't think the blouse looks bad. What don't you like about it?

Karri said...

Thanks, Vera!
Thanks, Trish - not the blouse- I do like it. I just don't like it paired w/ those pants.

beckley said...

but if you ever decide to hate that blouse, i'll steal it from you. i think i might wear a peter pan most days, if i could fill such a closet =)

kris said...

I love the last look, and it's obvious via the photos that you do too! All black definitely works for you. Two thumbs up!

{april kennedy} said...

cute cute cute! you've got great style. love the first outfit with the layers!!

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

How cute are you?! LOVE the ring and earrings! Thanks for lurking around my blog! :)
-Jill

Eva said...

Love the museum outfit and your oscar duds! Awesome ring!

Sadie Jane said...

Ok really!?! your style is absolutely adorable! And you are beautiful! Thanks so much for all the sweet comments!! Your the best! I am your newest follower!

Momma of The B.M.C. Report said...

You are just adorable! I LOVE the blue earings and ring. They are just fabulous!