Wednesday, April 06, 2011

What I Wore Wednesday

Good morning! 
Another week, another edition of What I Wore Wednesday.
This week, I am linking up with a slew of stylish, cute mamas from...
the pleated poppy blog
and...


I got this tank/dress/tunic {whatever it is} early last summer at the local consignment boutique. I loved the way it looked - very anthro-ish, but I could never figure out how to wear it, since its sooo see through and the back has some funky straps.  But then Annie came along and said I could wear my grey cami under it because of the waistline and the straps were ok because of something or other having to do with lines.  Alrighty!  And she also said the white-ish color it was was acceptable to wear with my off-white cardi. Who knew? Not me.
tunic-F21 :: leggings/boots/cardi-Target :: necklace-Cookie Lee :: earrings- Three Graces Boutique

I snatched this shirt up while doing a quick trip at Target because I loved how it looked.  I am so glad I did! I love it!!!! (although I look chesty)


jeans/shirt-Target :: wedges-Kohl's :: cardi-Old Navy :: Necklace-Bloomingdale's :: earrings- Lia Sophia

Spring Shopping! 
I finally found a white shirt and I love it!!!  And I think this is my first 'tuck in' in a long time. 
shirt-F21 :: jeans-Kohls :: glasses- Anthropologie :: belt & boots- Target :: necklace you can't see- Love Stitched

Aye!  The flash! The horror! And apparently, I have bags and some messed up eyeliner? Eek.  We were headed to meet my friend Alyson of Eisley Rae and her family for dinner.  They were in town from CA! I snapped this as I was running out the door.
{see that grey that's 2nd from the bottom? that's the color we're painting the walls}

cardi-Old Navy :: shirt (i heart this shirt)- Anthropologie :: jeans-F21 ::necklace- Payless Shoes
My attempt at something new.  I was home all day, but instead of wearing yoga pants, I wore something comfy (leggings).  I did run to the grocery and when I did, I tossed on jeans and a belt to make it look more put together :)
pink tank-& cardi F21 ::  belt- Target (i need a diff. belt) :: necklace- Superhero Designs :: cute boy- C&K

 Holla!! I got me some new hair!!  Sorry, grandmas, I know you love the blonde.  But my hairdresser said that my hair is now naturally closer to a dark blonde or even a light brown. So much for that beautiful blonde hair I had as a kid. Its all from a bottle, now.

dress & leggings- F21 :: necklace- Cookie Lee :: flats - Walmart
{I picked up these silver flats at hellmart when I was there searching for bins.  They were on clearance for $3.  I have the intention of making some pretty shoe accessory for them instead of the lame bow that is on them now}

Thoughts on the hairs? 
By the way, I was super excited yesterday to find a local store that sold DownEast Basics and Tulle clothing! Suh-weet!  

13 comments:

Amber said...

You look great and I love the first look. Have a lovely week honey. ax

kris said...

Love the gray and white striped cardigan. Soft and sweet.

heather said...

LOVE your hair and really love the first outfit! So awesome that you had that stylist visit (although I fear if I was in the same position, we'd talk for 5 minutes & then be forced to head out shopping for acceptable clothing!) :-)

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

You are so cute. Love the outfits. And you look great as a brunette!

My House of L said...

Cute, love the F21 tunic! The new hair is great too!

Carri said...

Love the outfits! The first is my fav, and the white shirt...too cute!

beckley said...

i can't wait to see the hair in person! =)


who sells tulle? i use' get it at nordstroms. it's my fave =)

melody-mae said...

you are adorable, but my favorite look is the first outfit, how cute is that??? LOVE IT!

melody-mae said...

back to tell you I looked around a bit and am now a new follower too!

Laura @ live.laugh.photograph said...

I love that tunic and those riding shoes!!

Eisley Rae Clothing said...

You ALWAYS look so cute! I can't believe your flats were $3. I almost asked where you got them.
Oh and I'm totally going to add a ruffle to a purple cardi I have after seeing the ruffle on the mustard one you wore to dinner that night.
Adorable.

Sommer Clark said...

fun blog i'm glad i stumbled upon! love the fashion inspiration =) as a mom and designer i def seek out inspiration from others where i can!

Nicole said...

Great outfits. Love the white tunic with the leggings. Love the new hair! Really works well with your coloring.