Monday, January 18, 2010

What about the elf??

The kids have been concerned about fire safety lately and asking what we'd do if there was a fire in the house, so we've had a few conversations about what to do. They've asked about the cats and I've drilled into them that you DO NOT look for the cats or go back into the house for the cats. The firemen will look for the animals or the animals will get out themselves. So the question came up...

"What about the elf?"

The elf being Fred Christmas, our Elf on the Shelf. Apparently, I forgot that he was a family member.
"Will the firemen rescue him?" "Can we go back for him?"

Just as I was thinking, "oh crap, I've backed myself into a corner." Elliott says, "the elf will use his magic to get out of his box and get out of the house and go to the North Pole."

whew.

No comments: