Thursday, November 05, 2009

I don't mind if I do...


Jackson Square
Originally uploaded by flabonganator
...toot my own horn for a moment, that is :) This one is all about me.

Today I opened my email to find this email:
You've been sent a Flickr Mail from Exxxxxxx:

------------------------------
------------------------------

:: Schmap: New Orleans Photo Short-list

Hi flabonganator,

I am writing to let you know that one of your photos has
been short-listed for inclusion in the ninth edition of our
Schmap New Orleans Guide, to be published at the end of this
month.

[link]

Clicking this link will take you to a page where you can:
i) See which of your photos has been short-listed.
ii) Submit or withdraw your photo from our final selection
phase.
iii) Learn how we credit photos in our Schmap Guides.
iv) Browse online or download the eighth edition of our
Schmap New Orleans Guide.

While we offer no payment for publication, many
photographers are pleased to submit their photos, as Schmap
Guides give their work recognition and wide exposure, and
are free of charge to readers. Photos are published at a
maximum width of 150 pixels, are clearly attributed, and
link to high-resolution originals at Flickr.

Our submission deadline is Thursday, November 12. If you
happen to be reading this message after this date, please
still click on the link above (our Schmap Guides are updated
frequently - photos submitted after this deadline will be
considered for later releases).

Best regards,

Exxxxx,
Managing Editor, Schmap Guides

Of course I submitted the photo! I am absolutely flattered! I know its just an internet guide and I am just learning photography, but its so cool.

The photo to the right was the one they were referring to.

No comments: