Wednesday, October 20, 2010

10 Years.






July 25th. That's the date that my husband and I first hooked up. At a U2 concert. In Madison. It was 1997. We had been friends for a year at this point, but I had known of this guy for many years prior. Our paths just never crossed.

December 10, 1999. That's the night he proposed to me. I surprised him by taking him on a trip to New Orleans. He knew we were going on vacation, but that's all and it wasn't till the last minute. I cleared it with his boss. He didn't know where we were headed until we got to the airport. I had no idea he'd propose. He shocked me with that one. He had gone out with our friend Troy and gotten me a ring when he found out we were taking a trip. He proposed while we were out on a carriage ride in the French Quarter.

October 6, 2000. A Friday at 5pm. The day we tied the knot. It all took place in downtown Milwaukee at the Grain Exchange Room. Its a memory that is still very fresh in my mind and it was all perfect.

3 kids, 3 homes, and 10 years later.....



he still makes me laugh


he's still the crazy (maybe a bit toned down. and that's a real good thing) guy i met.



i still like to hold his hand




The awesome photographer responsible for these photos (and many, many more) can be found at www.robynviningphotography.com.

2 comments:

beckley said...

awe, man!

Fun to read your story! And fun to see you happy =)

All Fun.

=)

Trish said...

Love the story and love, love, love the photos. I really want to try and do that next year :)