Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Special Valentines Day


How did you spend your valentines day? My valentine and I spent 8 hours sorting and putting together all of these sets of legos. Romantic, huh?
About a year ago, the kids had friends over and the younger ones dumped all of our carefully-sorted-in-separate-locked-bins lego sets into one big pile. Since then, no one wanted to play with them. Finally, enough was enough.
I sat down with Aidan and started by slowly grouping them. I finally sorted them into colored piles and we went from there. But the only way to figure out which set was which was to assemble everything. So we set to it. And some of these sets are nothing to shake a stick at.

Here are a few...

And what's left as of today... 5 castle sets


If anyone dumps them into a big mess again, they will be flogged. Regardless of whose child they are :)

3 comments:

Trish said...

Ugh, my kids did that too and it drives me insane!!! I didn't have the patience to figure it out, though ;)

beckley said...

my children would never do that.
especially the pink one.



(remind me not to let my children come to your house :)

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Hopefully now they'll keep them separated!