Friday, February 04, 2011

Where do you do it?

Your laundry, that is. 
Get your mind out of the gutter, gals.

I keep seeing all these gorgeous re-done laundry rooms all over blog-ville.

Like this one at Shanty 2 Chic

or this one at Centsational Girl

or this one at Tatertots and Jello
and this one at House of Smiths




What about this cute laundry closet, on The Stories of A2Z

Check out this one at Saucy's Sprinkles
Ok, I'll stop here, because I could keep going.  I am so green with envy. Why? My last house had a 1st floor mudroom/laundry room. But this 1920's house? No such thing. Laundry room is in the dungeon. That's the cold, dark basement.  I want to beautify my space, so here's where I need some assistance...
There has got to be some of y'all who have cute basement laundry rooms, right? Share them! I need ideas on how to put up some storage and make it bright and cheery without spending too much $$!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those laundries make me drool, too! Our *laundry* (in the loosest possible sense) is basically a countertop, sink and a couple of cupboards along part of the back wall of the garage, with the washing machine next to that. (and the dryer hung above the wm)Ugh.
Two of those pics above look like they're actually in dark, windowless rooms though, so you might be able to use some of that styling to achieve a similar look. What's your basement laundry area layout?

Karri said...

Oh, you do make a point, Jo. I need to post a photo of what I have. But its embarassing.