Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Off to school...


What a bittersweet day it was. In some ways, I feel like I've been looking forward to this day for 3 years now. And in other ways, it feels like this day has snuck up on me too quickly. Where has my baby gone? It seriously seems like just yesterday that Aidan was this little stubborn bundle in my arms, making his "eh eh" noises and thrashing his head around. This is the little dude who slept with us for years on end because he didn't want to leave our sides. This is the little man who cried when I took him to preschool every morning, and chased me down the hallway, unless his teacher was holding him.

Boy have times changed.


Aidan was so excited for his first day of kindergarten. He practically ran to school. Watching him walk to his classroom in his class line....wow. That is my 4.5 year old. He hung up his backpack and went and sat down on the carpet with the rest of the kids. I hugged and kissed him and he didn't shed a single tear. I left.

I can't believe it. I really can't!!
When we picked him up later, he said he had a fun day. He talked about the popcorn snack, about the book they read (something about animals and underwear), and said that they played. We let him pick where he wanted to go to lunch as a treat, as well (even though daddy tried to sway him to mexican. Aidan had his mind made up! )

Tomorrow: day 2. I still can't believe it.
Oh well....at least he still crawls into our bed in the morning to snuggle. I still have that. :)

No comments: