Thursday, September 07, 2006

We've made it through the week!

Morning #2... yeah....that didn't go quite as smoothly. He was equally excited to go to school, however, I neglected to tell him that I would not be allowed to go into the classroom with him and would be saying my goodbye on the playground. Oh yeah...that went over as well as ketchup on a white shirt. The teacher ended up dragging him and another equally distressed boy by the hands into the school.
Apparently he wasn't scarred by it. When I picked him up, he was all smiles again.

Morning #3 was fabulous. Aidan got in line, gave me hugs and kisses, and waved goodbye with a big smile. Crud - I almost cried. He's officially a big boy now.

Funny thing, though. Every day when I pick him up and ask about his day, the first thing he tells me about is the snack they had. Odd kid.

Tomorrow is the end of the school week. Wow. That flew by. And already we're being bombarded with PTA stuff, fundraising crap, book orders, etc. Its a whole new world....

No comments: