Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday's Musings

Giving up.
You know that point where you acknowledge that your house needs to be cleaned?
Badly.
VERY badly.
But you just don't have it in you.
Because you just don't know where to start. 
Its overwhelming.
Maybe not in the grand scheme of life.
But in my life, I can't function effectively if my house is a disaster.   Essentially, I see it as a sign to bury my head and be a sloth.

This weekend, my husband and two of our awesome friends installed the electrical and mounted our TV. Holla!
That process? 
Woah. 
Holy Big. Fat. Mess.
On Sunday, I woke up with some renewed energy after a few days in bed with sinus and ear infections.  I started going at it.  But with crap literally everywhere (discarded entertainment unit. tape measures. CDs, photo frames, wires - lots of them, electronic components just tossed on the shelves hither and fro), I just gave up.
And so it sat.
And when I say "gave up", I mean it literally. I let the vacuum sit here all day, as I laid on the couch watching back-to-back-to-back episodes of House Hunters and other HGTV shows.



In other musings, I spent tonight watching one of the best movies ever, Reality Bites, since there's nothing good on TV and in my typical ADD fashion, I have 3 half-done sewing projects sitting on the dining table that I don't feel like finishing until tomorrow. Or the next day.
As I was watching, I was perusing Pinterest. My new crack.
I came across this photo




Beautiful girl. But damn...that outfit? I had that outfit. 1993 (pre-Reality Bites). I distinctly remember wearing it on a blind date! Black Esprit leggings, men's denim shirt from Eddie Bauer.  Unlisted boots.
Its come full circle, people.
Granted, this is a bit more chic and I was a bit more grunge, but hey.

I still listen to my Reality Bites CD. I'd listen to my Singles soundtrack, but my husband threw away my tapes.
I totally aged myself, huh?

3 comments:

Trish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trish said...

OMG, I had that outfit, too!! Loved it for it's ease and comfort. Crazyness!

Also so loved Reality Bites, but I think I loved the soundtrack more than the movie and I got rid of my CD. Not a smart move on my part ;)

heather said...

LOL! Yes, let's not go back to that fashion please!!!

But I do love both Reality Bites and Singles!

And if it makes you feel better, I have 80s music (like madonna, duran duran, etc) on vinyl!