Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ten On Tuesday

Tell me 10 things about you and I will tell you 10 about me that perhaps are not apparent at first glance...

1.  I am very easily oh look...a squirrel! distracted.  Very. Its absolutely awful. And I procrastinate. Its not a pretty combo.

2.  I have dreams of long, lush hair that's got that beachy look to it. Instead, everyday, I loathe and curse my stick straight, baby fine, limp, thin hair.

3.  I have no willpower when it comes to eating food that I really, really love. Like brie and bread. Or kettle chips. Or movie theater popcorn. I think it stems from a decade of controlling every morsel that did or did not go into my body.  When I finally let go, I was never able to reign it back in.  I do find it amazing that I made it out of that decade without any lasting health issues.

4.  I dabble in many things, some of which I am good at, but am truly great at nothing.

5.  I am a sucker for a good rock & roll song...70's, 80's, 90's or current.  Anyone else?

6.  I am very grateful for my parents, who help us with our kids so we can do things without them, including go on vacations every few years. I am also very grateful for a group of supportive friends who like me for the freak I am.

7.  My biggest fear is death.

8.  I hate putting away the laundry.

9.  I had really awful PPD that I pretty much denied (to myself) that I had for months. I mean, I'd be crazy to be unhappy. My babies were miraculously healthy and thriving, my husband made it able for me to SAH, I had smart, beautiful toddler.  It lasted a long time.

10.  I am passionate about gay rights and the research that the March of Dimes does. If it were not for the MoD, my turbo two would not be here.
What causes are you most passionate about??

1 comment:

heather said...

I love your list! Very interesting to learn more about you...and I think #8, 5, 4, 1, & 3 (without ever being careful about what I ate) are very true for me too.