Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Mindless Musings

I am thinking of buying a pair of TOMS.  My frugal side won't buy them because they are over $15 and I don't know what the quality of them is like, I don't know how they fit, and I don't know how comfy they are.
Insight?


I found these at Target today. They were comfy! What? Come again?!! Of course, they were not in my size. Sigh. I need to find $50 worth of crap to buy online because I refuse to pay shipping. Hrm.

My 7 year old daughter has an obsession with lifting up the skirts and peeking down/into the shirts of mannequins, checking to see if they are wearing panties or bras. They never are. She wonders why.


Speaking of mannequins...what's up with Forever 21? Is there a method to their orgazational madness? Because, crud, I just want to go in and find a small, white button down shirt. Why can't they all be in one place? WHY? Why must they have 5 different locations? Perhaps, if it was better organized, then they could afford to have more sales associates at the register, instead of 1 and a long line. Because that's annoying. Or is that only my F21? 
And did you know that F21 has a 90210 tank top?!! Fo reals.
I love me some old skool 90210.

While I am on the subject of TV, tell me I am not the only Teen Mom 2 addict? Why am I drawn in to that garbage? That's the only 'reality' show I watch.  And man...  its trash.  Like, when will Jenelle "get" it? And why do Jo's parents allow him to talk to Kailyn like he does? Make that boy have some respect for the human kind! For women! Shiz...for his baby mama! Step up!

Peace.

5 comments:

Trish said...

Don't buy the Toms. Just don't do it. The founder came to speak here last year and some of my students are so into him and the shoes that it's cult like and other reasons, so just don't do it. ;)

Teen Mom 2 is probably the one reality show that I don't watch, (ok, two, since I also don't watch Jersey Shore)so you are on your own with that trash, but I understand not being able to turn away. It's a train wreck!!

Karri said...

Ok, I need to know what you mean? Because I am under the impression that for every pair you buy, they donate a pair of shoes to kids in need. And they sell them at upscale stores like Nordstroms, Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf....

heather said...

I'm really curious about the TOMS thing too. I've wanted to buy them cause of their giving, but just can't fall in love with the style.

And my SIL is SO hooked on Teen Mom. Given my history with reality tv, I've chosen to not get hooked! :-)

Trish said...

The shoes they give away are cheap. I know, it's a pair of shoes, but they are CHEAP. And, the company is a for profit company, not a non profit, so all of these students were just praising Blake (the founder) up and down, but he's making good money off of these shoes, now. In the grand scheme of things, it is a good concept, but I think the shoes are ugly and that they need to give away better shoes to these kids. Just my two cents, so take it as you will.

Alyson @Vintage Sunshine said...

Interesting Trish.. I've been dying for a pair of burlap Tom's.
My name is Alyson and I'm a Teen Mom addict as well. What a train wreck, but I can't stop and it's great to enjoy someone else's drama that you can walk away from. I really hope Jo's family gets a clue. Ugh.